Wednesday 18 June 2014

ASPIRATIONS


Yesterday I travelled to London for a University fair.  On the way there me and my friend were discussing how we don't really feel ready for uni and how so much has changed within a year.  This time last year I was doing my GCSE's and now I have done my AS levels which to me is a massive leap and this year has gone by super quick.  I think it is very difficult to know what you want to do when you are older and that for many people is the case.  I have always had a general idea of what I wanted to do and it has always been on a similar path; when I was about 10 I really wanted to be an author and I would write short stories and massive chapters but I would never finish them.  At the age of about 12 I really wanted to work in a magazine because I had seen the glamorous lifestyles in films and really wanted to go to New York.  To this day that is still a dream and something I will do but for now I have to be realistic with goals and take things step by step.

There are a few things which I would like to achieve by this time next year and on this exact day I will write an updated one to see how far I have come.  So here are my ambitions for the future.


Blog more
I find blogging therapeutic, however I am not able to always find time or I have bloggers block.  I find blogging an enjoyable experience and something I want to be proud of when published, so I would rather have a few posts that I feel amazing about than loads that I feel are okay but I'm doing it for the sake of it.  It is not something that can be forced or should be for that matter but I feel as though due to exams and things I haven't found time to do so but I will try to upload more posts.

Sleep more
This is a big factor for me and I find that if I go to bed late (which is every night oops...) I wake up with the darkest under eye bags you have ever seen so I will attempt to sleep more especially around school/exam time when stress levels are high.

Stress less
I stress A LOT.  It is something that is unnecessary most of the time like doing the most simplest of things and I get nervous and work myself up when really, it is not that bigger of a deal.  So future me, STOP STRESSING.

   Be more confident
I worry a lot about a ton of different things and normally I feel like I can't ask questions or speak to a large group of people because I get really nervous but I'm going to try and be brave.

Push myself
I am going to try and push myself at least once a month to do something I wouldn't ordinarily do and go a little bit outside my comfort zone whether that be in terms of wearing something I wouldn't normally, or go somewhere I wouldn't go if I wasn't trying to push myself because I think it will open me up to new experiences.

What are your goals for next year?

Instagram ~ Tumblr ~ Pintrest Twitter   

No comments:

Post a Comment