Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Review: Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo and Conditioner

Shampoo and Conditioner


My hair was a travesty before I cut it - I had actual knots that were impossible to comb out.  Since I cut it, I have been able to brush it with ease with hardly any knots now.  This product Ultimate Blends has worked wonders.  Whilst rushing through Sainsbury's back in September, I needed a new Shampoo and Conditioner.  I always like to try something I haven't tried before as I find that alternating my hair products prevents my hair from going greasy and heavy as my hair gets used to a particular product if I've used it for about a month.  This one caught my eye as I was instantly drawn to the "argan and camellia oils" which is known for being good for your hair.  So I picked this up seeing it as a bargain as it was only £2 per bottle for 400ml which I thought was great.  I wasn't really expecting much from it, (I had heard of it briefly) so I popped it in my basket.  

  I had just been on holiday so naturally my hair felt brittle and so dry because of the sun damage plus the fact that I had bleached or "ombred" the ends which is very bad for your hair.  I had been using the Frizz Ease hair serum to keep the ends of my hair in good condition.  It worked, but my hair was so damaged I felt I also needed a stronger Shampoo and Conditioner.  

  Now onto the products themselves.  Firstly, the Shampoo left my hair squeaky clean without feeling dried out, yet smooth and silky.  The shampoo lathers up nicely and fills your bathroom with a beautiful smell that I find I am constantly smelling my hair afterwards.  Garnier claims it gives "Up to 48 hours glowing shine, incredible suppleness" which I 100% agree with.  I don't usually leave my hair for longer than  day without washing it (which I know is bad but I like the feeling of clean hair and hate dry shampoo) but on the odd occasion that I did, it definitely maintained  it's shine without appearing greasy.  

The Conditioner smells like the Shampoo and it is the only one that I have found that doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy when applied all over my hair including the roots.  It is a problem that I found many other conditioners do however this one was a winner.  It smoothed my hair really nicely and left it feeling so super soft.  It made the ends of my hair feel and look so much more healthy.  

My hair now feels transformed and healthy again.  I will definitely repurchase this without a doubt as it has worked wonders for my hair.


Have you tried this range?

Thanks for reading!
Instagram ~ Tumblr ~ Pintrest Twitter     



(Please note: this was not a sponsored post.  All opinions are my own and products purchased myself.)